Beethoven Arrival and Dismissal
No student should be left in the yard unsupervised. The staff does not report until 8:15am, so please do not drop the children off before that time. Parents are responsible for picking up children on time. Dismissal of walkers begins at 3:05 pm.
The parking lot is small and must accomodate both the buses and parents, so please do not block any entrances or park in the bus lane.
Always use the cross walk when bringing your child to their designated drop-off spot and when getting them from their designated pick-up spot. Please do not leave your car idling in the parking lot and do not block the bus stop or the fire station on the street.
Be conscious of the amount of time your car is in the lot, as other parents need to get in and out.
Ohrenberger Arrival and Dismissal
In an effort to keep all community members safe and to ensure that drop off and pick up go as smoothly as possible, we are asking you to familiarize yourself with our arrival and dismissal procedures before the start of school. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call the school.
Drop Off Procedures
- Doors open at 8:15am. There is no one on duty to supervise students who are dropped off before this time. Any student who arrives before 8:15 must maintain 6 six of social distancing and weak masks.
- During arrival, cars should enter through the front entrance only (West Boundary Road)
- Proceed down the hill and follow the white arrows to take the second left into the valet drop off line.
- Please do not drop your child off anywhere other than in front of the gym. It is not safe to have students walking through the parking lot during drop off.
- Students should maintain 6 feet of social distancing as they enter the building and wear masks at all times.
Pick Up Procedures
- Students being picked up will be dismissed outside of the gym doors. We ask students to keep their cell phones away so they can focus on directions from staff; please refrain from calling your child on their phone during dismissal.
- During dismissal, cars should enter through the front entrance only. Proceed down the hill and follow the white arrows to take the second left into the valet pick up line.
- Please remain in your car at all times. Staff members will walk students to their vehicle, maintaining 6 feet of social distancing.
- Please do not park or pull over along the side of the road to try to avoid the pick-up line. It is not possible for staff to supervise students if parents do not follow our valet pick up routine. It is also dangerous to have cars trying to back out of parking spaces or making U-turns in the middle of dismissal.
- If you walk to school to pick your child up, please walk all the way to the gym and check in with a staff member before leaving with your child. Please do not stand at the edge of the parking lot and beckon for your child to leave. Students are instructed not to leave until a teacher gives them directions to do so.
At All Times
- Please enter through the front entrance only. The Willers Street gate is exit only at all times.
- All vehicles must stay in line during drop off and pick up. Please do not try to pass cars in front of you as it creates unsafe conditions for students and staff.
- Please refrain from using cell phones to ensure the safety of all and to keep traffic flowing.
- The only place students should be dropped off or picked up is in front of the gym in the valet line.
- Please follow the directions of the staff who are “on duty.” We all share the common goal of getting your children to and from school safely.